I found the translation website very helpful. I actually didn't know that you could translate a whole website like on google and babble fish. I think this could be really useful in the classroom when there are communication problems. Teachers can use this for parents who cannot understand what the teacher is saying as well as with the students. Since technology is such a huge part of today's society teachers will most likely have a computer or laptop around to translate what needs to be said the parents and teachers. I also feel that most school websites and businesses could have a widget, like the babble fish one I uploaded to my blog, to help ESL students and parents translate the webpage into their own language with the click of a button.
The Microsoft Assistive technology Products all seem very useful to people with disabilities. There are multiple tools that you can download to help people with disabilities. Such as, joysticks, Braille embossers, Touch screens, sip and puff systems, etc. All of these could be used in the community and school systems. The other website, http://www.wested.org/cs/tdl/print/docs/tdl/home.htm had very useful tips designed specifically for the classroom. This website gives you tips on audio, digital text, digital enhancements, software, visual, curricular supports, and targeted populations. Under each tab it explains about each tool that helps with that disabilities as well as how it will help the students in the long run.
Photosensitive epilepsy is a form of epilepsy in which seizures are triggered visual stimuli that form patterns in time or space, such as flashing lights, bold, regular patterns, or regular moving patterns. The patterns are usually high in luminance contrast (bright flashes of light alternating with darkness, or white bars against a black background. Some people react different ways to a specific color. Television, flourescent lighting, web design,And video games commonly trigger photosensitive epilepsy. There have been a few cases where a specific television show triggered seizures in multiple people who watched it.there is no cure for photosensitive epilepsy, but you can get a medical procedure done to reduce the sensitivity to certain lights. Due to strobe lights also causing seizures, public places must regulate the intervals of using strobe lights. I found out a lot of interesting while researching photosensitive epilepsy. I feel I know much more about the subject after using the Internet to research it. You gotta love the interwebz! Haha :)
It is so nice being able to look things up on the the internet to help us as educators to help our students learn! Where was all these tools when I was growing up?
ReplyDelete